Saturday, August 22, 2015

Goodbye Facebook!

Less than 24 hours ago, I posted my last facebook message --- that I am going to delete my facebook account by the end of this month. I have been thinking of getting back to long-format blog writing for a while and precious few hours away from research every day were disappearing into thin air too easily (facebook being one of the wiliest wizards!).

I know this will cause some upheaval in my life (unintended) and schedule (intended), the extent of which remains to be seen. Already, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with lovely messages from my friends, who I hope to see on my blog some time. I will surely miss the pics of cute kids, gorgeous locales, laughing couples, and chuckling on those occasional witticisms on my fb 'wall'.

They have been fun 5 years, fb. Time to turn over a new leaf!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true that facebook, in spite of its uses, can be distracting and doesn't do much to support creative endeavours like writing.

    Anyhow, I eagerly look forward to more blog posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kaneenika. I hope to much more regular too. I have too many blogposts sitting in my head, waiting to be written :-)

    ReplyDelete